Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Goodbye Mary, Goodbye Jane

Today I disabled my Facebook and Instagram accounts.

I deleted the Facebook, Instagram, Regram and Twitter apps from my phone.

Given that I can't remember the answer to security questions on websites trying to log back in may require password resets.

My goal is to stay away until the end of June.

I kept Snapchat, because only its the primary way for me to communicate with my sisters. More than text. And I was rewarded with a corgi Bitmoji filter that I nearly lost my mind over.

You don't know this about me, but I love dogs. I don't know how to turn loving dogs into a viable career. But I do. It's ridiculous.

Part of the reason for this break up is the full on admittance that I am addicted to conflict. And I am addicted to being emotionally abusive towards myself (and it spills out to others that I claim to care about).  And social media provides plenty of opportunities for that. And after researching the effects of being chronically angry, I will die an early death if I don't knock it off.

So.

Step 1.

Good-bye social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the beginning?

Cooking reminds me that I am capable of taking care of myself and worthy of  taking of and nourishing myself.   - Roxane Gay Hunger:  A Mem...