Saturday, January 13, 2018

All These Moments Lost, Like Tears in The Rain

When I'm sick I want to watch television.

And I am sick.

A long standing periodontal infection (which is the clinical name for an infection of the gums) that I didn't know I had may have entered my bloodstream. Through the blessings of knowing people in the dental profession I was able to be examined today by a very kind provider who is clearly not in dentistry for the money and clearly loves what they do and their patients. They examined me and told me what I needed to do, wrote me two prescriptions (in the event my insurance wouldn't cover one) and sent me on my way.

It's 8:00 p.m. and I am in bed. With a fever. The right side of my face feels like it's on fire.

I was told that if my body does not respond to the antibiotics by Monday, to go to the ER and request and IV drip with antibiotics.

To help my gums heal I will need to be on a soft food diet for the next ten days.

Television goes great with fevers and comfortable beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the beginning?

Cooking reminds me that I am capable of taking care of myself and worthy of  taking of and nourishing myself.   - Roxane Gay Hunger:  A Mem...